Saturday, August 8, 2026

The American Invasion


The Russian young people were so excited to be invaded by Western culture in 1991. They had no way to know it was a Trojan Horse and that NATO would expand Eastward by adding 17 nations right up to the Russian border. And aid and train the Bandarites in Ukraine to launch a coup and kill Russians, and even give them CIA help to target Moscow civilian businesses and oil refineries. And generally try to destroy their nation.

32 years later, in 2023, a whole new generation of Russians, none of whom were even alive at the time of the Metallica concert in 1991, throw their own concert. Shaman is now on the stage and the song is "I am Russian!" The opening line is "I breath this air." I think the Russians learned how to make a concert, but replaced the message from self-loathing and a feeling of inferiority to the West to a joyful youthful national pride mixed with their own ancient brand of spirituality and brotherhood.

 


English translation:


I breathe this air

The sun in the sky is looking at me

A free wind is blowing over me

He’s the same as I


And I just want to love and breathe

And I don’t need anything else

That’s the way it is, and you can’t break me

And all because


I’m Russian, I never give up

I am Russian, my blood is from my father

I am Russian, and I am lucky

I am Russian, in spite the whole world


I am Russian

This song flies into the sky

And it calls me with it

And my heart is burning in me

Lighting the way home


Where I just want to love and breathe

And I don’t need anything else

That’s the way I am and you can’t break me

And all of this because


I’m Russian, I never give up

I am Russian, my blood is from my father

I am Russian, and I am lucky

I am Russian, in spite of the whole world

No comments:

Post a Comment

Statements by Meher Baba about his movie, and interpretation

Meher Baba in Hollywood, 1932 The following are common misunderstandings about the film project Meher Baba began and worked on before abando...